Committee on Gender Sensitisation against Sexual Harassment
The JGU Committee on Gender Sensitisation against Sexual Harassment (COGSASH) shall keep in view the University Grants Commission (Prevention, Prohibition and redressal of Sexual Harassment of Women Employees and Students in Higher Educational Institutions) Regulations, 2015 and JGU Rules on gender sensitization against sexual harassment and recommend measures, from time to time, for their effective implementation.
JGU Committee on Gender Sensitisation against Sexual Harassment (COGSASH) is constituted as follows:
- Kathleen A. Modrowski, Professor, JSLH – Chair
- Anjali Pathak, President, Urja – NGO Representative
- Avirup Bose, Associate Professor and Assistant Director, JGLS
- Albeena Shakeel, Associate Professor, JGLS
- Anshu Sharma, Assistant Professor, JGBS
- Rihana Sheikh, Assistant Professor, JGBS
- Bilquees Daud, Research Associate, JSIA
- Shanthi Karuppusamy, Associate Professor, JSIA
- Mimi Roy, Associate Professor, JSLH
- Kaveri Haritas, Assistant Professor, JSGP
- Indranil Mukhopadhyay, Associate Professor, JSGP
- Shalini Goel, Assistant Professor, JSBF
- Sarover Zaidi, Associate Professor, JSAA
- Kajori Sen, Assistant Professor, JSJC
- Manjushree Palit, Deputy Director and Assistant Professor, JIBS
- Karan Singh, Assistant Registrar, Student Welfare.
- Surinder Kaur, Director, Student Housing
- Divya Sharma, Assistant Director HR – Convener
- Divya Patpatia, Executive Assistant to Dean (JSLH) & Research Assistant- Member Secretary.
- Elected Representative of Under – graduate Students Council
- Elected Representative of Post-graduate Students Council
Terms of Reference
- Handle individual complaints; evolve suitable procedures to access committee members
- Awareness-raising efforts about sexual harassment within JGU campus; conduct training and sensitization programmes from time to time; design print and electronic materials on this issue; incorporate this issue in the orientation programmes of new faculty members, staff and students.
- Evolve suitable rules and guidelines in this regard keeping in view the UGC rules and Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace Act, 2013.
- Hold public forum meetings with students, teaching and non – teaching staff.
- Make suitable recommendations on all the above issues to the JGU Administration from time to time to ensure that JGU campus becomes a model campus.