Committee on Disability Issues
The disability support committee has been reconstituted as follows:
- Keerty Nakray, Associate Professor, JGLS- Chairperson
- John Clammer, Professor, JSLH, Member Secretary
- Dr Shilpi Bhattacharya, Associate Professor, JGLS
- Manisha Mishra, Assistant Professor, JGBS
- Dr Sugandha Nagpal, Assistant Professor, JSIA
- Manjushree Palit, Deputy Director and Associate Professor, JIBS
- Sukumar Muralidharan, Associate Professor, JSJC
- Maaz Bin Bilal, Associate Professor, JSLH
- Swati Malik, Assistant Professor, JGLS
- Princy Marin George, Assistant Professor of Practice & Director, OSIIR
- Indu Kapoor, Joint Director, Health Centre
Terms of reference:
- To evolve proper procedures to identify and provide academic support to students with disabilities; establish clear procedures for deadline extensions, support services (such as use of readers; scribes in examination) and re-examination for students with such difficulties in accordance with the University Grants Commission guidelines; create a student volunteer base to undertake various academic support activities for students with disabilities.
- Sensitize staff members and students about physical and mental health difficulties faced by such persons and encourage referrals to this committee.
- Keeping the Persons with Disabilities Act and rules framed thereunder, UGC guidelines and guidelines issued by the Government of Haryana in view, make appropriate recommendations for their effective implementation.
- To have “access audits” of the JGU campus conducted.
Frequency of Meetings:
- The committee shall meet at least once in a semester or as often as may be needed.
- The committee can co-opt other faculty members, non-teaching staff and students.